Apr 29

Alfa 159 TI Full LED Conversion – Exterior Guide

Category: Cars

This post covers the exterior lighting modifications made to my 2008 Alfa Romeo 159 TI. If you are interested in the interior LED conversion guide, click here. This modification can be completed as a single project or as a series of smaller projects as the cost of components is still quite high due to some of the LED types in use. If you do choose to split the project I would suggest separating the turn signals / Indicators, Numberplate lights, sidelights and rear clusters into stand alone projects.

For an alternative approach to upgrade the “Third Brake Light” at position 9, click here to see the Cylon Project.

Each topic area is collapsed below for your ease of navigation so either “Show All” or Expand each sub-topic as needed:

The complete/finished product is better displayed as a video and as such you can watch this one I made of the complete conversion:

7 comments

7 Comments so far

1. [...] lighting modifications made to my 2008 Alfa Romeo 159 TI.For the exterior LED conversion guide, click here. This modification is worth completing as a single project as the results are a dramatic change in [...]

2. Anonymous September 3rd, 2012 11:44 am

[...] [...]

3. leytk004 September 18th, 2013 4:27 pm

Very nice! Now just waiting your “Project Halo” to be completed! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

4. Retrofitlab November 20th, 2013 10:05 pm

Very nice write up, you don’t see them much like this! :-)

5. Razvan May 30th, 2014 6:08 am

I’m interested too of the HALO Project !!

6. Lee Gregory August 8th, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Rattan (and Jay).
    I would live to get a set of your amazing alfa Halos for my 2009 Brera even if as part of your development testing.
    You were guessing at £450-500 a set. I’m happy with that and can pay instant PayPal for a set.
    If this is not possible I would appreciate details on how to get and fit the parts. I can source new lights Ok.
    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Lee.

7. jabbott August 10th, 2014 12:10 pm

If you would like to purchase a set of controllers I am planning a second production run on them once I get 10 people interested. To get your name added to the list send an email to halo@jabawoki.com with name, alfaowner.com forum name, + address etc.

Thanks.